Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ramblings About Amazing Things

OKAY Y'ALL. 

HARRY POTTER IS AMAZING. END. OF. STORY. 

If you don't agree with me... I'm sorry, but we can't be friends. Siriusly, though (yes, that was a pun *distant sobbing*). How can you trust somebody who doesn't know which house they'd be sorted into or what their patronus is? There is something wrong with those type of people. 

Anywhozies, little rant for you guys. The thing that I specifically want to talk about today has been a subject plaguing my brain for quite some time now. And I say this being entirely serious... Hermione is an AMAZING character. Don't get me wrong, ALL of the characters are necessary for the story (and all of them are written with superb quality). 

But there is one thing that makes Hermione stick out in my mind. 

First, let's take a mini-journey into the world of female characters, shall we? Think about them. REALLY think about them. I love characters in books, I really do. 

And for the sake of preserving my spot in those fandoms, I'm going to refrain from naming any specific one. 

.....

Hermione is somehow different from all of them. And you want to know why? I've narrowed it down to the display of her character. J.K. Rowling has done a fantastic job chiseling her characters to make them realistic and people that you can really see. Through their physical attributes (e.g. red hair, freckles, hand-me-down robes) and through the traits that define them; each character is one of a kind. Hermione is moreso than all the rest in my mind. 

BUT WHYYY? What makes her such an amazing character? 

Hermione is clever. She is perhaps the smartest person at Hogwarts, save the teachers. She's brilliant. But she expresses herself emotionally, You get what I'm saying? When you look at other female characters, you don't usually see someone who actually expresses what they're feeling. And that's not reality. I'm sorry, guys, but I've never met a girl who's morale is to hide all things emotional from the world. Hermione represents a female character that is so real and posses such depth. That's why I love her so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that you leave for me; they never fail to make me smile!